Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bogue Chitto's Own Recording Artists -- Or Should We Say Ruth's?

Stumbled upon this earlier this week trying to find more information about the Bogue Chitto River.  I have never heard of this band, have you?  Could be because back when they were recording their Ole Time music in the 1950s and 1960s, most of us were listening to rock and roll.

Their music is tight! The band members are Hodges brothers Felix, Ralph and James, and John White.  Here's a link to this album. (Click on the little arrow in the orange circle to listen to a sample of the song.)

If anyone has any further information on these gentlemen, please leave a comment here or on my Facebook page.

UPDATE:  I am told by someone who knew the Hodges that the previous information posted here regarding their musical career was inaccurate, and I have opted to remove it.  I am told one of the Hodges brothers is still alive, and I am hopeful I can speak to him to learn more about their career firsthand. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment