Monday, June 18, 2012

A Movie Star Cowboy and His Fans

Photo courtesy of Brookhaven native Jimmie Meese Moomaw, author of Southern Fried Child.  In the center is cowboy film star Tim Holt, as described by Wikipedia: "(February 5, 1919 - February 15, 1973) ... an American film actor perhaps best known for co-starring in the 1948 film The Treasure of the Sierra Madre."


Holt was brought to the area as a headliner for a rodeo in the early 1950s.  Jimmie is the little girl on the forefront left, in the checked dress just to the left of the boy in the cocked hat.  Others in the photo have been identified as Jeanine Hoskins, Barbara Savage, Virginia Allen, Tim Holt, Rita Woods Coker, Bill McAtee, Diane Decell, Ralph Kerns, Robert Panzica, Jimmy Ritchie, Mary Carolyn Hart and Soren Daniel.

1 comment:

  1. Those named are the ones I recognize, but would love to have others identified. Would especially like to know who the two little boys are in front and center. I wish I had had this photo in time to put it into Southern Fried Child, because to me this is THE photo that best epitomizes me...as the Southern Fried Child my book is about.

    ReplyDelete