Friday, March 15, 2013

A Certain Je Ne Sais Quoi


As many times as I have scrolled through the LLF Flickr feed, this particular photo by John Holly Williams has always grabbed my attention and sparked my imagination -- much like the work of photographer Annie Liebowitz.

I look at this woman's face and her gnarled hands clutching what appears to be a handkerchief or perhaps a fabric flower, and I wonder, wonder.

The library caption says this woman is "Mrs. T. E. Saxon. Single pos(e) of older woman black dress and her hair is pulled back ... No date."

As always, if anyone knows of this lady and her story, please share here in the comments section or on my Facebook page.  I am more than curious to know.

Update: My friend John Case informs me that this most likely Eloise Buckles Saxon, born 1876, died 1965, wife of Thomas Ellender Saxon, born 1867, died in 1951.  Both are buried in Rose Hill Cemetery, according to information on FindaGrave. Thanks, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment