Saturday, July 14, 2012

Look Familiar?

This is a little bit off topic, but I found this interesting, so I decided to post it.

Last night, we were watching a cable television program on haunted houses of America when this photograph came up on the screen.  At first glance, I thought it was the Hardy House, but the side door on the left made me realize I was mistaken.

This house was built in 1858 by Alexander Hannah in Indianapolis.  It was part of the underground railroad -- its basement served as a safe house for runaway slaves waiting to make their way to the freedom of Canada.

The Hannah house is supposedly haunted by the ghosts of runaway slaves who perished when one of them accidentally knocked over an oil lamp.

I'll bet if we tried hard enough, we could find some ghosts in the Hardy House and turn it into a tourist attraction as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment