Tuesday, September 11, 2012

1958 Kids with At-ti-Tude!

The date of this photo is 8/1/1958.  Caption is Copy for Mrs. F. M. Brian, from the John Holly Williams Collection at the LLF Library.

If you look closely at this photo, you will notice the children are making funny faces, striking any number of poses, and/or offering up all kinds of hand gestures! Unfortunately, the picture is not in sharp focus and suffers from the hot sunlight of a Mississippi August, making it difficult to recognize faces.

To get a closer look, use Ctrl or Cmd and the Plus Key on your keyboard to enlarge the photo.

The young lady on the first row, on the far right, looks very familiar, and if it is who I think it is, I've reconnected with her on Facebook, and I'm so hoping she will see this and post a comment.

My overall impression? I am thinking this is a Sunday School Class of the old First Presbyterian Church or, perhaps a kindergarten class.  What is throwing me is the building column in the background.  I am not placing it, at all.

Please leave a comment here or on my FB as to the name of anyone you may recognize.

UPDATE:  Not many people recognize any of the kids in the photo.  One lady agrees that the little girl on the far right on the front row has a striking resemblance to herself at that age, but she reports that no one else looks familiar. Oh well, it's still a cute photo!

1 comment: