Saturday, April 6, 2013

Brookhaven's Own Indiana Jones ...

From the Don Jackson Collection at LLF Library

"Lori Jones had this copy made of a man standing beside a truck. On the truck is written 'Merchant's Grocery' and also a sign that reads 'Diamond Tires.'" -- Library caption.

I could not help but chuckle upon realizing that this photo of our town's own version of Harrison Ford's movie character was made for a Lori Jones.

While the photo quality isn't the greatest, I get the sense that this is from the early1920s, based on the wheel hubs and the lines of the truck.  The lace-up boots and the riding breeches make me wonder if this man might have served in the U.S. Calvary during WWI.

Of course, that is just speculation on my part and if anyone out there has any information on this man, the truck, the store, even the brand of tires, please leave word here or on my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment