Saturday, May 11, 2013

Walley-Field Drugs and More


From the Don Jackson Collection, LLF Library
"One of Brookhaven's downtown buildings was the home of Walley-Field drug store. A cafe that was 
next door can also be seen." -- Library caption.

Based on the cars, this photo was probably taken circa WWII, possibly earlier.  I not sure which building housed Walley Field, although I was always under the impression it was near Jackson Studio.  


The spilt back windows and the two tail lights can be something of an indicator of the makes and models, although the poor resolution on either photograph is a hindrance to my best efforts at Googling and matching up these cars to classics.



I would appreciate any car enthusiast who knows more about the makes and models than I do to help me out by leaving a message here or on my Facebook page.
  

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since you posted this, but I do know the location. (Sadly, I'm not the car buff my father was, so I can't help with that!)

    The drugstore was here: http://goo.gl/CSSMlI The cafe was just to the left. As you see, not much has changed structurally. Even the gas meters are still in the same spot.

    If I'm not mistaken, there was a cafe there well into the 1970s or very early 1980s. (I was born in 1972.) I have no idea what was in the old drug store over the years.

    ReplyDelete